Thanks for stopping in. I’m an assistant prof in the biology department at Western University. My team and I study genome and molecular evolution, and are particularly interested in organelle genomes, genetic diversity, and microbial eukaryotes. We also do a lot of popular science writing and science communication work. Check out the Research, Papers, Popular writing, and Blog links for details.
- Prospective student or volunteer? Click Connect to see what we’re looking for, you might just fit the bill.
- I’m currently instructing in various genetics, genomics, and writing courses on campus. See Teaching for an up-to-date list
- Want to track me down? Here’s my Contact info, including office hours.
- Looking for the communications liaison officer for Biology? That’s me. Send me your story pitch in an email.
- And for all of you academic-metrics geeks, here are my Google Scholar and ImpactStory profiles.
Take it easy,